Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Day 1 - March 14, 2007

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Natural lighting
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
using Flash

Here are some pictures I took of Christopher getting ready to leave. I thought I would check out the difference with and without using the flash. I kind of like the picture without the flash better. True, the lighting wasn't perfect, and there are too many shadows, but its also softer. After seeing the pictures Shaun made a good point. He remarked that it now makes sense how someone who looks good in natural lighting may not take the best pictures cause the flash not only washes you out but shows whatever flaws there might be.

7 comments:

Sher Johnson said...

yaaaaaaaaa! your first post! :)
are you excited?

did you see the lesson in advanced...about bounce flash?

Jess said...

I was just going to type what Sher did, about "bouncing" your flash--it's a pretty cool technique! Since I've started in this buddy group, I find myself liking natural light more and more! I agree, it makes the subject "softer"

Holly said...

Definitely try giving the bounce technique a try. I love it!

Your first post, let the addiction begin! ;)

Its true about the natural light vs. the flash. Just look at the car seat cover around the baby. It looks so much softer and has depth. While in the flash pic, it looks very flat.

Heather said...

He is getting so big Reany! What a cutie!!!!!

Rachel said...

Yay! Your first post! I agree with everyone else...the bounced flash is very cool. It is neat to see the difference in your two photos.

~ Natalie~ said...

What a cutie! Love bouncing the flash. It is a great trick.

Maggie said...

The flash one is great. Just enough..no washouts or blowouts. :)